We are currently developing a new cluster of 400mN cold gas thrusters.
- Thrust up to 400 mN (depending on input pressure, gas and the used throat size)
- Any configuration is possible: Direction, canting angle, number of thrusters, with or without additional isolation valve
- Pressure up to 10 bar
- Pulsable up to 500 Hz (reaction time ~ 1-2 ms)
- Lifetime: to be tested
- No warm up time
- Available seals: NBR, Silicone, and FKM
- Low power (2W for one thruster, additional 2.5W when also using an isolation valve)
- Lightweight: < 180 grams (Configuration as shown: 4 thrusters and isolation valve)
- No contamination of nearby optics or solar panels when using plain gases
- Precise, predictable, repeatable
- ISP depends on the used gas (First tests with CO2 showed a thrust of ~400 mN and a specific impulse of 630 m/s (64s))
- Compatible with non corrosive gases like H2, N2, He, Ar, CO2, N2O, Propane, Ethane, Coolants like LMP-103S and many more
Cluster of 4 400mN cold gas thrusters with optional additional isolation valve. Thrusters are slightly canted to prevent the exhaust to impact satellite structure. More info’s in the future here.